Sunday, January 17, 2010

January 2010

Community work:

I closed out 2009 by helping USATA and Little Rock Baptist Church plan a concert for the homeless, provide food and winter clothes. The Dec 18th event was a success.


Significant things in January so far are:
Jan 11 - My mom celebrated her 90th birthday.
Jan 12- I received news that the In The Tradition jazz cd that my poem "Yurugu" is on, was sent to over 50 US and international radio stations.

Jan 12- Haiti is devastated by an earthquake.
Jan 17- Broadside Press Poets Theater features Omari King Wise Barksdale today at the University of Detroit-Mercy Grounds Coffee House from 3-6pm
Jan 18- Dr. Martin Luther King's Birthday
Jan 19- I begin teaching for the International Institute's multicultural program for youth. I will teach Asian countries and cultures at an elementary school afterschool program.



World News: Haiti is devastated by an earthquake and aftershocks

No comments:

Post a Comment